- Kemence Forestry Museum-Railway - History

The beginnings

From1910 a new railroad were built to reach the good quality wood in the west Brzsny from Kemence. The area's owner in this timethe Primateship of Esztergom was. In the first 20 years about 30-40 km railroad were built in 2 mainvalleys that can beapproached from the village.


The operating line

From 1910 to 1933 the railroad was grown over 50 km in the 2 valleys. Workshops and stables were built to Kemence, to Kirlyhza and to the end of the Csarnavlgy line.


The golden age

The lines were renewed, diesel engines arrived, but macadam roads were built in the Brzsny mountain...


(c) Kisvasutak Baráti Köre Egyesület - Impresszum - Hír küldés - Üzenet
Belépés - Webmail - Intranet - FAV - EgyesületOnline